<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:31 pm

(WIN7) Windows Update KB971033 for Anti-Piracy

If you have a pirated copy of Windows 7, you should not install Windows Update KB971033. It's an anti-piracy measure and it actually does a great job at finding invalid/ non-genuine copies of Windows. If you're being bothered by Windows Activation screens, do this.

1. Click 'Start' menu.
2. Click 'All Programs'.
3. Click 'Windows Update'.
4. Next, in the bottom-left of the window it will say 'Installed Updates', click that.
5. On the next screen, find Windows Update KB971033 and right click it.
A pop-up option box with the option to 'Uninstall' will be available. Do it.

My copy just gave me issues, so I decided to share my experience. Good since then. Silly Microsoft. They make it too easy. It's almost as if they want you to pirate their stuff... I swear.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Mailas

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:05 pm

I don't understand, why cant you people just go out and buy it, then you wouldn't have to worry about this.
Even though there are ways around it, (this isnt the best way imo) it can be a huge pain in the neck.

Get a job or something, I mean seriously =/
The disc is shiny too, totally worth it :)
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 pm

I do have a job. I also have a $1,100 gaming computer. I'm still not going to pay for an operating system. It's not a pain in the neck at all... it's 6 clicks... seriously... and my copy is shiny too. Even says Windows 7.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:30 pm

why should you have to pay for something that has what seems countless issues, mistakes, viruses, and so on.

linux is free. notice its a huge and growing OS with tons of support. ive never had an issue with it that i didnt cause. me being stupid make failure appear.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: (WIN7) Windows Update KB971033 for Anti-Piracy

DarkPacMan77 wrote:If you have a pirated copy of Windows 7, you should not install Windows Update KB971033. It's an anti-piracy measure and it actually does a great job at finding invalid/ non-genuine copies of Windows. If you're being bothered by Windows Activation screens, do this.

1. Click 'Start' menu.
2. Click 'All Programs'.
3. Click 'Windows Update'.
4. Next, in the bottom-left of the window it will say 'Installed Updates', click that.
5. On the next screen, find Windows Update KB971033 and right click it.
A pop-up option box with the option to 'Uninstall' will be available. Do it.

My copy just gave me issues, so I decided to share my experience. Good since then. Silly Microsoft. They make it too easy. It's almost as if they want you to pirate their stuff... I swear.

-DarkPacMan77-

Damnid.. I could sware I was 5 seconds away from posting that the day i got grounded, but my mom told me to shut the comp and not sit on it again! oh well.. and eh, you wont have problems if u get a slipstreamed one..
-Formerly DCM
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:47 pm

airplanes18 wrote:why should you have to pay for something that has what seems countless issues, mistakes, viruses, and so on.

linux is free. notice its a huge and growing OS with tons of support. ive never had an issue with it that i didnt cause. me being stupid make failure appear.

There's more viruses for Linux than the current Windows 7 build. Besides which, no matter how many times a Linux user says "Linux can do everything that Windows can", it can't.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:31 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:There's more viruses for Linux than the current Windows 7 build. Besides which, no matter how many times a Linux user says "Linux can do everything that Windows can", it can't.

-DarkPacMan77-

i dont belive one word of that crap. i have yet to see a linux virus, and let me tell you ive been attacked by countless idiot viruses on win7

and yes it CAN. it can run most games BETTER because it requires less to actually operate in the first place.

win7 slows down more and more every day.
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:39 pm

airplanes18 wrote:
DarkPacMan77 wrote:There's more viruses for Linux than the current Windows 7 build. Besides which, no matter how many times a Linux user says "Linux can do everything that Windows can", it can't.

-DarkPacMan77-

i dont belive one word of that crap. i have yet to see a linux virus, and let me tell you ive been attacked by countless idiot viruses on win7

and yes it CAN. it can run most games BETTER because it requires less to actually operate in the first place.

win7 slows down more and more every day.

I speak for all people with the slight bit of intelligence: You can't compare Windows (not just 7) to Linux.
You.....you just can't.

I have almost failed to see anything wrong with Windows 7 currently.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/37086
<<

False_chicken

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 12 times

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:45 am

I have had more issues with 7 than you can shake a keyboard at. And there are 60,000+ viruses for windows. And about 60 for Linux. Now with proper antivirus you should be pretty well protected regardless. I am currently using Ubuntu and loving the hell outta it. Linux can do everything windows can with less hardware. Its just because Microsoft has dominated the market that support for Linux is low. which is why all software you buy at a store is for windows. I like Linux because its free, secure and stable. And I like the fact that its open source. Windows is like a dictatorship. Only they may work on it and you are left in the dark. Want a new feature? Well your gonna have to wait for Hitler I mean Microsoft to add it. With Linux anyone can work on it. Meaning if you have a badass feature that you want to add into the operating system you can do it. And Linux is made for users by users. Microsoft is out for the cash, The people who work on Linux do it because they truly want a better, faster, more stable operating system that anyone can use with no strings attached. Linux is a labor of love, windows is out to empty your wallet. And I refuse to pay for it. Something that gets slower with time, Has a horrible file system that fragments itself and you have to constantly defrag it, A massive amount of viruses and loves to eat up resources. I only have it for my games. And thats it.

Oh and all those features in that link are useless if you cant get windows to run properly. Like me. Xp worked fine idk what 7's issue is. And that bit in the article about how the open source software listed is easer to install on windows is BS. The ubuntu software center is like the iphones app store. Or the android market. Almost every piece of software a normal person would want is in there. Just find it and click install. Thats it. No finding the site, Downloading the installer. Running the installer. Clicking next 10 times, accepting the agreement then waiting for it to install.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:47 am

+3 rep to false chicken...

and yeah he is right about linux having less than a 100 viruses... AND THE VIRUS has to be created to be really supersmart to get into and affect your computer.. I have never had to use an anti-virus in Ubuntu.. Don't blame linux because Microsoft is being too much of a sissy to make products like Office and WLM for linux... I've seen loads of hardware companies like Intel, Hp, Realtek, starting to make their driver software for linux now!

The thing is that most people started with windows, and are happy with windows so they never bother trying linux, but people who want better stuff leave windows and move to linux!
-Formerly DCM
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 am

see malias?

when you think, THEN speak, you dont look as stupid.

do some homework?
<<

False_chicken

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 am

Lol I feel like the Ubuntu A-team just swooped in and hijacked this thread. What started as a simple warning turned out to be someone getting schooled and a reason for me to rant.
Last edited by False_chicken on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:47 am

False_chicken wrote:Lol I feel like the Ubuntu A-team just swooped in at hijacked this thread. What started as a simple warning turned out to be someone getting schooled and a reason for me to rant.

dude, chicken, your awesome.

what are you exactly running?
<<

False_chicken

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:54 am

Ubuntu karmic. Currently using KDE 4.3.2. And I must say its pretty damn fresh.
<<

Mailas

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 am

airplanes18 wrote:see malias?

when you think, THEN speak, you dont look as stupid.

do some homework?

Everyone has an opinion, airpalnes81
Next

Return to Computer Chat