<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:16 pm

Windows 7: Like? - Dislike?

Just wondering what some collective thoughts are on Windows 7. I myself like it, but I'm wondering if there's any particular reasons why people may not like it or why they feel others are better.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Truthfully? I don't care what people say. Its Vista but looks better. It truly is. I like it because I like Vista, the only thing that is better then Vista is that it uses so much less RAM.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:04 pm

Dislike.

It logs in okay, but to get usable (with what it should be able to easily handle) is a hasssle. its sooo freakin slow compared to the "speed" its supposed to have.

i use it for 2 things, trolling, and flash. only cuz adobe is evil and wont give ubuntu a WORKING FLASH PLAYER.

its nice when its new, then it fails.

i do like the drag-the-window-to-the-side thing. very cool. i want more than one desktop, like linux tho.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Windows 7 is pretty awesome. It's a lot like Vista yeah, but with the speed it should have been. Microsoft had said that Vista wasn't meant to be a lasting OS, just like ME. From the get-go Vista wasn't made to stay, so I don't understand why people gave Vista so much crap. For daily computing on a system with a decent processor and 4GB+ RAM, it's great. If I was still running a smaller system and needed something more lightweight, I'd stick with XP or Linux if it was just going to boot into something like XBMC and nothing else.

And sorry airplanes, but Linux just doesn't compare to Windows. Unless it's Mac, everything made for computers is meant to work on Windows. Software developers, driver makers, and Microsoft help make this happen. Until Linux can bring something like this to the table Linux will never become more than a niche OS for home users.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:38 pm

I love Vista and won't be upgrading my software any time soon.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:43 pm

i completely disagree with your brent. linnux saved me from the horrors of windows' epic failures
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:56 pm

7 - ugh, those damn freezing problems...

brent+airplanes - this aint a fight over linux thread..
-Formerly DCM
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Windows 7 all the way.
It's so easy to manage all of my programs.

Excellent environment. And definitely A LOT less bugs than Vista.

Pfft. Linux just can't compare to this. Oh man, I make myself laugh.
<<

False_chicken

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 12 times

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:11 pm

7 Has allot less bugs than vista. I like it much more than vista. But im sticking with ubuntu. The reason? Because its free and relatively bug free. And when bugs are found a fix is around in about 2 days. Its true that 7 has less bugs. A great step in the right direction. But I refuse to pay for something that has as much bugs as it does. If I bought a microwave and tried to use it and it exploded due to a bug. I would be pretty pissed. The point is I would not buy something with many known bugs then have to wait for some company to release something to fix it four months later. Especially not for 200$. But do I like it for a Windows OS? Yes. It rivals XP for my favorite Windows OS. Would I buy it? Yes if it was 50$.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 pm

I know you can do multiple windows desktops in XP, so I'm sure you can figure it out on Windows 7. That's not "just a Linux feature" anymore, although the community has helped to push it in the right direction.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

False_chicken

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 12 times

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:18 pm

I don't think that its true multii desktops in windows. I think it just remembers which windows where open and minimizes the ones that where not. But that's better than nothing. It really is a nice thing to have and I hope microsoft adds that in the future. Its really handy for people like me with 30 windows open at a time lol
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:37 am

DarkPacMan77 wrote:I know you can do multiple windows desktops in XP, so I'm sure you can figure it out on Windows 7. That's not "just a Linux feature" anymore, although the community has helped to push it in the right direction.

-DarkPacMan77-

by a third party program... thats NOT microsoft.. its just people who are too lazy to go to linux..
-Formerly DCM
<<

Mailas

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:
DarkPacMan77 wrote:I know you can do multiple windows desktops in XP, so I'm sure you can figure it out on Windows 7. That's not "just a Linux feature" anymore, although the community has helped to push it in the right direction.

-DarkPacMan77-

by a third party program... thats NOT microsoft.. its just people who are too lazy to go to linux..

Who cares if its a third party program?
People obviously want it not because they're too "lazy" to go to linux, but because they adore
Windows and want to make it even better than it all ready is.

There is actually a "360" desktop application.
It's pretty cool, you simply just slide the desktop like you would on your iPhone.
<<

keveenjones

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:53 am

Through Windows vista we can operate easily and gaming application and any web application also. It has a very nice graphics design resolution look. So, user want to get windows vista mostly. It has a many designing and application option to get a better performance to user.
www.viralplanet.co.uk
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:36 am

Da Cool Man wrote:

-DarkPacMan77-

So Linux, RIGHT from a fresh install, has that feature? Or is it something you later add in? If you add it yourself, you can say it's third-party for Linux too. However, even if it does it from the start and Windows does not, I don't like Windows because I like Microsoft. I hate Microsoft. I like Windows because it's compatible with anything and everything and if the one neat feature from Linux is presented in a Windows application that I can use - NEAT!

So far, the ONLY thing I've ever taken from Linux is the program Pidgin. I find it nice and simple and it has lots of extras that typical instant messaging programs don't allow as well as being able to use multiple logins at once. But we must remember that it's NOT a "Linux" feature. It's featured in Linux, yes, but it's a free program to download.

-DarkPacMan77-
Next

Return to Computer Chat