<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:07 pm

battery problems?

hey, so I have a Dell Latitude D600 and I belive its having battery problems. you see, whenever I use my computer, I need to make sure the charger is near-by. because if the charger becomes unpluged (from the wall or the computer) the computer has about 5 secs then it fully shuts down. meaning I have to turn it on again, waiting for skype and msn and every program that has a auto start. what do I do?
<<

Mailas

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Dell Laptops.
Get a new battery. It's fried.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:16 am

Batteries can be hit and miss. They only last so long and even when you get a new laptop, the battery could have been made well before you got it which means it's lifespan is already shortening before you turn it on.

The battery on my laptop is fried as well. You'll have to get a new batt or rebuild the one you have.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:36 am

i know that dell laptops around that year had battery issues. my moms massive inspiron died within a year and a half.

new batter, or stay in the wall
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:10 am

My Compaq is like this too, but it has about a half hour of life after unplugging it. Will a battery swap fix it, or is it something I need to get knee deep in?

Also, I have another laptop (don't remember the brand) that always turns off if you move it or shake it in some way. Any ideas on this? I was thinking loose pins or connectors, but I'm not too big into the computer side of hardware...yet.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:17 am

Devil May Cry wrote:My Compaq is like this too, but it has about a half hour of life after unplugging it. Will a battery swap fix it, or is it something I need to get knee deep in?

Also, I have another laptop (don't remember the brand) that always turns off if you move it or shake it in some way. Any ideas on this? I was thinking loose pins or connectors, but I'm not too big into the computer side of hardware...yet.

1st Q - did it work fine before? or was it always like that?

2nd Q - Yes it could be loose pins or connectors... Or maybe the battery got disconnected when you moved it, but again that would relate to loose pins or connectors...
-Formerly DCM
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:05 am

toxxy, that year of dell laptops are nutorious for horrible cells. my moms died in her inspiron after 2 years, but i have an 8-year-old dell and teh batts still hold a charge.

theres a vid you can fix it yourself (requires work) if youd like....
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:56 am

Da Cool Man wrote:
Devil May Cry wrote:My Compaq is like this too, but it has about a half hour of life after unplugging it. Will a battery swap fix it, or is it something I need to get knee deep in?

1st Q - did it work fine before? or was it always like that?

2nd Q - Yes it could be loose pins or connectors... Or maybe the battery got disconnected when you moved it, but again that would relate to loose pins or connectors...

1st Q: Over time. There was a long period of time where it was never turned off due to it's long start up time.

2nd Q: Any idea on how to fix that? It's an XP laptop, so if I could restore it I'd be pretty happy. I could possibly use it's HDD for my Wii, but I'd need a dock and I have no idea how much one would cost...
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 am

honestly, it isnt your computer, unless it eats another, newer batt made for it.

if anything, ill give you a link on how to do it yourself in most cases, and make it waaay better
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Sounds good, I always liked fixing things. Now I can expand it from consoles to laptops.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:55 pm

this guy is awesome

kipkay is his name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqRvAu71Gw
<<

keveenjones

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:47 am

You can change your computer battery and then you can check your computer. If battery is perfectly working then you can change your battery and if the new batter is not working then you can check power code for your computer.
www.viralplanet.co.uk

Return to Computer Chat