<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 am

War Rock (free-to-play MMOFPS)

Hey peeps, just thought I'd drop a line on a game I've mentioned a few times here since we now have an uber appropriate section to put it in. I play this game rather competitively and was first turned on to it by an old member here, necrosis142. I have a great time playing this game (most of the time) even though it's not a well-known title much these days. War Rock is a little bit older age-wise and is reflected as such by being less graphically intensive than other titles, but as long as the players are playing fairly, the game has some of the very best gameplay I've ever found. Wikipedia notes that the reception of War Rock was not good at all saying, "IGN rated it a "mediocre" 5.9 and Gamespot rated awarded 5.5 out of 10. Both suggested that its good for a free game, but you will not have equal grounds against someone who pays for a membership. IGN noted the repetitive and low quality sound effects."

To an extent, the game might seem unfair if someone has a premium membership and you don't, but if you learn the game and the game mechanics well, you will find that you need nothing more than the stock weapons to completely shred the enemy team. The game has also been patched repetitively for a few years since those reviews, so it would be better to make your own assumption about the game. The game itself has a steep learning curve, but if you like first person shooters and want to try something new without spending a single nickel, maybe give War Rock a try. The game has low system requirements to play which might make it a more ideal option if you have an older computer.

These are most of the weapons/ PX items/ Vehicles in the game. There are actually more weapons than they show but they haven't been added in there yet. There's also links to the other content of the game and a location to download it to see if you might be interested.

About My War Rock "Career"

I first started playing on an account named, pacman77. That's the very first account I'd ever made and I have a very healthy 2.71 kill-to-death ratio (KDR) on that account playing mostly heavy trooper, a class most people don't excel at. After I'd become quite skilled in the game, I found myself making comments like, "man, I know I'm so much better than these guys", and even though my KDR is good I decided to make a second account named cpt.planet. My second account, if you click the link, has SOARED through the rankings and is currently hovering around rank 150 in the International version. I say "international" because there is a separate game client for North Korea, Japan, and the Philippines. My current rank as of posting this is 148th. That is, according to pure KDR, my account is ONLY beat by 147 other people. To put it simply, I'm one of the best in the International version of the game. Most of the top 100 are power levelers that get free kills in private rooms. Most of the ones that don't do that are hackers and use cheats. Even going to the top 500 you'll consistently see cheaters. The ones that don't use those methods are people that CONSTANTLY use vehicles like tanks, jets, or humvees to "vehicle noob" their way to a higher KDR. I, however, take pride in the fact that I have never used a vehicle on my cpt.planet account and have never cheated or boosted my level with free kills - truly making me one of the best in the International version and possibly the world.

Lately, I've been playing on an account I purchased that has one of the best sniper rifles permanently on the account, the AIAW. I bought it for $25 when they can cost up to $200-300 online to get. I've raised it from 0.87 KDR from the previous owner to 2.50 (and counting).

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:45 am

Thanks for the info, I'm making sure I try this out..
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:56 pm

I remember playing this with you quite a while ago and getting beat...well I'll leave it at getting beat. Pretty cool game though, I'll probably just stick to xbox live with me buddies ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:06 pm

ace_012 wrote:I remember playing this with you quite a while ago and getting beat...well I'll leave it at getting beat.

Words such as steamrolled and annihilated come to mind... ;)

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:Thanks for the info, I'm making sure I try this out..

Let me know if you decide to register a name. If anyone has a microphone and knows how to operate Ventrilo, I have a voice server as well.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Those are some major achievements, I'd try it out but I can't stand hackers!
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 am

DarkPacMan77 wrote:
If anyone has a microphone and knows how to operate Ventrilo, I have a voice server as well.

-DarkPacMan77-

We've been there DPM. Lol, you wouldn't stop talking about your 4890 and how unbelievable it was that we had the same card, remember? lol

PM me the server IP/Port

Return to Computer Chat