<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Using Your Laptop as a Wireless Ethernet cable for Xbox/PS2

THIS IS FOR WINDOWS. I WILL DO A LINUX VERSION LATER, PROMISE!

And i assume your menus are default (bar location etc.)

Ive been waiting quite a while to do this one, as I see that no one out there really has such a tut, and it took me hours to find one, so in my own words, heres this......

So say you want to play your old PS2 online, but you dont have a tv next to your PC, or its upstairs (like mine). not wanting to waste time of dragging my tv and cords downstairs, i turned to computer

You notice most Laptops today have an ethernet cable. but who actually uses it? and can it be just for internet in, or can it share it?

heres what I found after browsing countless off topic (and boring) websites.......

WHAT YOU WILL NEED!!!!!!!!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Ethernet cable
-Laptop with Ethernet port (netbooks dont always have one, and some older laptops dont either) DESKTOP COMPUTERS CAN WORK TOO, BUT WHATS THE POINT IF YOUR RIGHT NEXT TO THE MODEM?
-Game system
-Game to play online

------------------------------------------
Now, Depending on your OS (xp, vista, 7) easiest way to access your wireless utility is by right clicking your wireless icon in the bottom right corner.

Step 1.-- Have your System on and the ethernet cable plugged into you system AND laptop.

Step 2.-- Make sure you are ACTUALLY on a wireless network. one that works is also preferable......

Step 3.-- Right click your Wireless utility in the bottom right corner and click "Open Network and Sharing Center (windows 7)

Step 4.-- Click on the "Change Adapter Settings" options in the upper left corner of the screen that pops up.

Even underlined it for you- and yes thats a BOS in the background. :wink:

Step 5.-- The ONLY 2 objects you need to worry about in the next window is the Ethernet port and your Main wireless port. I have no idea why I have 3........

Step 6.-- Highlight these 2, Right Click on either one, and Click on "Bridge Connections" <- This makes the Wireless Port

into the Ethernet port, making your laptop a wireless Ethernet cable, saving you say.... 100 bucks on an xbox 360 wireless card?

Step 7.-- After this all said and done (test youtube to make sure it all works) and now run settings to make sure youve done it right!

Step 8.-- Watch before you say "airplanes is an idiot, it says im offline!" sometimes, it likes to say your offline. I have no idea, It all works so I dont worry.

Step 9.-- ENJOI!!!!!! (yes, like the skateboards, I had one once.)

Step 10.-- Aftermath. WHEN YOU FINISHED WITH THE BRIDGE you do NOT have to undo it to continue regular use. it may say your offline, but its referring to the unplugged Ethernet cable
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TROUBLESHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~__~~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE AN ISSUE!---Look below for some issues *I* had, and solved easily.

1. It didnt work. <- trace back the steps and make sure it all got set BEFORE you tried accessing. Give it time!

2. It wont connect, <- related to above. GIVE IT TIME. also, try plugging in your Ethernet cable AFTER you bridged the connections.

3. Ethernet port says it is unplugged. <- Plug in AFTER the bridge or disconnect/reconnect it.

4. PLAYS SLOW. <-- now THAT my friends, is your internet. *I* have no issues seeing as how i have an N wireless Card.

!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&%^$#@!@#$^&*()_)(*^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@

Tell me how this went! this was my biggest TUT yet and I feel good on it. Leave me feed back on if something went wrong or not so that i may fix this!!

Your Helpful, Neighborhood PCBrewer airplanes18 (no caps peoples!)
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Dude, My Pc's wireless stopped working, and I wanted the net on both My PC and my PS2, so i connected to internet on my PC with an Ethernet wire, and did this with my dad's laptop and my PS2 and it works fine! Amazing tutorial...
-Formerly DCM
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Thank you for your contribution.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.

Return to Computer Chat