<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:30 pm

PSP & PS3: Remote play

This is just to talk about what you think of the Remote play function for those of you that have tried it, and to inform those who haven't.

Last night I got my PS3 all set up for remote play. Today on my lunch break, I tested it out. With my PS3 turn off at home (in stand-by that is) I was able to use my PSP at a wireless hotspot and connect to my PS3. It turned on the system, and I could access all my files shared to my PS3 from my PC. Video skips a little bit, but I can load pictures and MP3's played fine.

My next test was the PS store. I downloaded and installed a demo onto my PS3 using the PSP. So when I get home tonight I have a new demo pre-installed waiting for me when I get home.

The Remote play feature is absolutely amazing. I now have access to my complete media library from where ever I am as long as I have my PSP and a wireless hotspot!

EDIT: Another feature I forgot to mention. When in house I connected to my PS3. You can opt to have the sound still play through the TV rather than the PS3. That means you have a remote for your stereo. You can change the music no matter where you are in the house! Would have helped a lot more when I was still in college and playing beer pong in the garage!
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:03 am

It is really neat. It would be really tite if they made it possible to play all PS3 games on your psp through remoteplay. There are suppose to be certain ones that are compatible, and you can play PSN downloads. Maybe the PSP2 would have all the buttons and power to make it capable.
<<

Pliskin

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:40 pm

its nice and I do all that stuff too. The only problem I have with it is not being able to play games from psn. It would be nice if they enable a feature like that in the future.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 pm

play games directly from psn? or playing games downloaded onto the ps3?
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

Pliskin

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:57 pm

brentbizzle wrote:play games directly from psn? or playing games downloaded onto the ps3?
both so they don't have to make two formats for the game like what they did to superstar dust HD.
<<

marky2910

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:44 am

remoteplay

its great ,, but any one got alist of games that do this :lol:

Return to PlayStation 3